Monday, July 13, 2009

INCREDIBLE CHERRIES FROM THE FOLEY ORCHARDS






As promised, I finally made it home for TWO days, so I'll show you a few shots I took on the road over the past week and a half. The cherry trees at my buddy Bill Foley's parents orchards are AMAZING. They produced some of the best cherries yet and were HUGE. I've taken a few shots of these trees just to give you an idea of what they look like. One shot is of Bill (the guy with his hands in his pockets "supervising"), his brother John, and sister Annette picking "culls" from the bins. Each bin contains approximately 475-500 pounds of cherries. I've also attached a couple of short videos to show you just how fast these cherry pickers work. Some can pick upwards of a TON (2000 pounds!!) a day. Also, check out the buck eyeing us as we were walking around the cherry orchards. He's fairly young since his antlers are still covered in velvet.


No comments: