Thursday, October 21, 2010

HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND REUNION


Last week during my trip to Seattle (SEA), I was able to link up with one of my high school classmates, Serena Blach. The last time I saw Serena was at our 30th high school class reunion in Roswell, NM, back in 2006. It was great to rehash old high school memories. But, the biggest part of our breakfast conversation was the winning of the Kentucky Derby last year by her dad's horse, "Mine that Bird"............a 50-1 long shot! The stories she told me about the derby, preparing for it, and the actual race were great........and downright hilarious. What a great thing to experience! And best of all, her dad had signed a photo to me personally from that great day which she had been holding for the past year. Thanks for the photo and wonderful get together Serena. Hopefully it'll be less than four years till our next visit.

No comments: