Monday, October 20, 2008

MY OFFICE


I guess I have to be one of the luckiest people in the world to have an office like this! This is a shot (albeit not a very good one.....but I'm working on getting a better one!) of one of Continental's new Boeing 737-900ER's. This is one incredible machine!!! We were flying it from Houston Intercontinental (IAH), to Portland, Oregon (PDX). It is so stable and such a joy to fly. The autopilot's on these airplanes are something else. After being programmed, they will fly the airplane all the way to the runway, land, and put the brakes on for us. The only thing we have to do is click the autopilot off after touchdown, and keep the airplane on the center line. Technology is amazing and to watch an airplane do this is even MORE amazing. Yep, I'm one lucky guy to have such a great office!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello captain!

I love airplanes and I love to see your cockpit! Very nice.. do post more.. I am bookmarking your blog now.. thanks..

KARL NOVAK said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment! Check out my website for other airplane shots! www.photosbykarl.net
Have a great Christmas my friend, karl