Monday, March 15, 2010

SXM........HOW LOW CAN THEY GO????


Well, I got to go to my most favorite place in the world (my future retirement home!! ;-) ) St. Maarten (SXM), and had a great time as usual. I'm amazed at how low some of these pilots drag their planes in over the beach in order to give the spectators a thrill. This guy was REAL low........... and fast too. Not quite sure how many times he's done this, but every day he does the same thing, and he seems to be pushing the safety envelope with each and every approach. Hopefully he doesn't ruin the "view" for everyone by clipping a fence one day. Supposedly that's already been done by a B747, and they rebuilt the fence to keep spectators a bit further from the runway. In any case, it's the neatest place in the world to watch airplanes and I can't wait to retire there one day.......! Come on retirement!!!!

No comments: