Monday, March 1, 2010

THE DAY AFTER


Well, I finally got home for a day before I have to head out AGAIN................ Work has been hectic lately with the snowstorms and all affecting any and all plans that I try to make, but hey, at least I have a job, right? :-) Anyway, I got stuck in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN), for the last few days due to the snowstorm in the northeast. (At least it was warm, but rainy). When we finally got released to fly back to Newark (EWR), this is what greeted us. It was almost as if the northeast just got a dusting. I was surprised at how clean the roads and highways were. That being said, I think the "passenger bill of rights" has backfired on the passengers. Airlines are now canceling flights well prior to any weather event to stave off massive fines that would be levied due to delays for something NOT in their control......WEATHER. Can't say I blame the airlines though. Our capitol hill representatives need to stick with something they know best (whatever that may be.....?????), and leave the airlines alone. The snow was beautiful though, but it sure can mess airlines up and create some major transportation headaches. Glad to see everything is returning to normal. Now.......back to work...LOL

No comments: