Saturday, November 15, 2008

SPACE SHUTTLE NIGHT LAUNCH!!!!






My girlfriend and I decided to go up to Titusville, FL, (just a few miles away from Cape Canaveral) to watch one of the last space shuttle night launches on Friday, November 14th, 2008. It was absolutely GORGEOUS, not to mention thrilling and heart stopping. Everyone cheered when the shuttle lifted off. The whole event didn't take much more than about 40 seconds (and my cameras decided to give me fits too.....hence the attached images which was all I had time to take). These photos were taken 13 miles from the launch pad without a tripod. I looked everywhere but couldn't find my spare...... ;-( so these handheld shots were the result .We spent three hours driving there, one minute watching, and three hours driving back home, but it was certainly worth it to see this spectacular sight. We even heard the shuttle's engines approximately one minute after lift-off! Hopefully we'll get up to see a day launch before the shuttle program is scrapped in 2010. Folks, this is really something you HAVE to see.

No comments: