Thursday, May 29, 2008

LEFT, RIGHT or WHO CARES?

One thing I've noticed about Florida drivers is their total reluctance to use a turn signal. Either that or my car is one of the only cars in my part of the state that has operable signals. Are these things an option on vehicles now? I really have to wonder since they seem to be such a "novelty" down here. I did see a car going down I-95 today with his emergency flashers on, so I figured he wasn't sure whether he wanted to go left or right so he just covered all the bases as he proceeded merrily down the middle lane at 48 mph. My girlfriend knows how much this "signal thing" bothers me, so tonight she really did her best to impress me. We drove the 25 miles from my house to hers, without her using her signal until we were pulling into her parking space at her condo.........andnot a single soul was there to observe this historic moment, but ME. Thanks Maria!!!

Karl Novak

http://www.photosbykarl.net/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Karl, not to worry. Here in TEXAS I think it is against the law to use a turn signal if you are going over 50. and under 50 for that matter as well. Pisses me off big time when the cut in front of yuou and weave in and out of traffic and when you get to the light , you are right next to them. What a waste of time and gas...