Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

I've been looking at making a "dream home" investment the past few weeks. Real estate here in Florida has taken a dive, and now seems like just as good a time as any to make a "bargain" purchase. I've been looking at an INCREDIBLE oceanfront condo on the 5th floor, not far from where I live. The dilemma? The condo fee is approximately $650 a month. The fee includes building insurance, cable, and water. It is a gorgeous building and the condo I'm looking at was recently upgraded with over $50,000 worth of improvements. Great views, beautiful interior, and ready to move in..............all for around $250,000......with a nice ocean and inland waterway view. Hmmmmmm..............what a time to be stretched thin on money. I keep thinking though that the initial outlay might be well worth it, despite the hefty maintenance fee.......... IF the market rebounds. This could well be a great investment opportunity. Decisions, decisions..............I'll keep you posted. (And NO, I won't tell anyone where it is............until I've made my decision. :-) )

No comments: