Monday, June 9, 2008

HIGH SPEED FOCUSING WITH THE NIKON 8800

One of the favorite things about my Nikon 8800 is it's ability to "freeze" motion. If I go to the scene selection function, it allows me all types of programs to work with, literally making the camera a piece of cake for the novice. But because of it's 8.0 megapixel ability, enlarging photos (I've taken them up to 17x22 INCHES with incredible clarity) with the "freeze" speed produces GREAT airplane shots. Many of my airplane beach shots in SXM almost look fake because of their clarity and the ability of the camera to "stop" the motion. Taking the shots is easy, but getting the timing right is the hard part. Digital cameras have a lot of lag between pushing the shutter button and the picture being taken. With LOTS of practice, you can determine when and how fast to push the shutter button. I've captured wonderful sunsets, waves, and airplanes by practicing, practicing and practicing some more.

Check out my shots at http://www.photosbykarl.net/

1 comment:

kranthi said...

Hi Mate,
I'm happy that you liked my Blogger Templates at BloggerTricks.com
Your site looks good and I recommend you to use any two column Templates. If you haven't have much xml or html knowledge,tell me.. I'll redesign your blog personally.

thanks,
Kranthi.